Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Home for You

Holy Spirit come into my heart
My chimney-like heart
Dark and shrouded in secrets and selfish thought

Bring in the broom and brush and vacuum cleaner
Don't forget the scrubbing brush
Painful though it is
Let your floodlights shine forth and reveal all the murk and slime within
Look under the bed and covers
Under the piles of books I should have read but never did
My big reference Bible that has gathered dust
Look under my basket of jewellery and hair pieces
And please, do not leave out the inner chambers and ventricles  
Shut to keep out the Lord, even when I had  'given my life to Him'
Those  secret places of my heart where like a masochist
I trap the images of hurt that I  hate but long to keep
So, I can bring each hurt out, one at a time, and from time to time
Place them on the centre-table of my heart
In worship of sufferings once endured
Pains that I would not let go of...

Clean every crevice, every nook and cranny until
My heart becomes a fit and worthy home for the Lord Jesus

Written June 4, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment