Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


Breathe, Live, Love


Inspired by a Denis Jernigan song.


The Father's Love: infinite, all-consuming, passionate, healing

I want to tell you a story
About a certain kind of love 
That leaves no painful memories in its wake
It bears neither past nor present nor future pain 
Constant and unchanging, trustworthy and gentle
It keeps no journal of wrongs imagined and real

I look into His love-eyes
Overflowing with warmth and love
His outstretched arms, tender and inviting  
His hands bear the marks of the agony he endured for my misdemeanours

As I look into his love-eyes, melt in the warmth and love therein
I see reflected, the true image of who I am
His eyes moisten and soften as He looks into mine
"Child, he says, "I saw it all... what you did";

My heart drops, I will the earth to open and engulf me
I feel dirty, woeful and the sob rises from deep within me
From depths that I never knew existed within my being

His voice when it came this time echoed all around me
 His-words pierced through me - flesh, bone, marrow
I felt His-words wash over me, a refreshing spray as from a fountain

"Grief not; wipe away the tears
"I already paid in full with my blood 2000 years ago
"See, these hands still bear the scars of my down payment for your sins for all time
"Breathe, live, love...
"Come, step into grace and favour, life  unending 
"It's my supernatural love-gift to my love-child".

No comments:

Post a Comment