Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Great Gift of Christmas


What a great and liberating chapter of the Bible Ephesians 2 is.  I, once DEAD in trespasses; the stench of which rose daily to His throne of grace, made ALIVE TOGETHER WITH CHRIST because of the RICHES OF GOD's MERCY demonstrated towards me;  that while I was still dead in trespasses, incapable of changing my situation, God sent His only begotten son, our Christmas gift to lay down his life in my stead. 

He that knew no sin was imputed with all the weight of my trespasses; the deadness of me and others like me, was laid on Him. What a great infinite, indescribable weight that was!

No wonder that He groaned with so much  agony and pain at Gethsemane that blood mixed with sweat rolled out of his pores.

Because of his abundant riches of mercy - imagine that others are rich in naira, dollars, Euros, pounds, diamonds and gold - Almighty God not only owns all of these, in addition to the cattle on a thousand hills, but he possesses a vast, boundary-less strong room of mercy and love.

There is no greater love than that which the Lord Almighty demonstrated toward me when He sent his only begotten son to take my place and to thereby open for me the doors to the  riches of God's abundance which are to be found in Christ Jesus.

What manner of  mercy, love, and favour is this? That I, once dead in trespasses, was made ALIVE TOGETHER WITH CHRIST. Not only made Alive, but I ROSE TOGETHER WITH CHRIST and now, I am SEATED IN HEAVENLY PLACES TOGETHER WITH CHRIST JESUS; above principalities and powers.

What manner of grace is this? I did not deserve any of these nor did I work to achieve any of these. Everything that I am is an outcome of God's nature -  He is rich in mercy and grace and abounding in love.

I now sit in the circle of his loving-kindness,  favour and grace, basking in the warm golden glow of his love. I am contented, beloved, joint-heir with Christ of God's abundance. I receive in faith,  without fear and doubt, the inheritance of the saints  on earth as well as in the realm of the heavens; in this life and in the hereafter.

(Inspired by an exhortation by Pastor Ike Monye of Temple of Glory Church, Wuse II Abuja on Friday, December 16, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment